Lubrizol Electricial/Mechanical Maintenance Technician in Rockton, Illinois
Location: Rockton, Illinois, US, 61072
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company serving customers in more than 100 countries. We own and operate manufacturing facilities in 17 countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world. Through our global sales and manufacturing networks, we are able to deliver the products and services our customers need, where and when they need them.
At Lubrizol, our mission is straightforward: We improve lives as an essential partner in our customers’ success, delivering efficiency, reliability or wellness to their end users. Read the cover story in Smart Business Magazine to learn how Lubrizol plans to advance its growth.
Chemtool Incorporated in Rockton, Illinois is currently recruiting for a first shift Electrical/Mechanical Maintenance Technician.
The Electrical/Mechanical Maintenance Technician will be expected to comply with ISO 9001, Manufacturing Work Instructions, and all standard operating procedures. Responsibilities will include installation, trouble shooting, repair and preventative maintenance of equipment. The Electrical/Mechanical Maintenance Technician reports to the Area Supervisor.
Essential Job Functions
- Understand and comply with all applicable internal Chemtool and external health, safety, security, and environmental policies
- Meet established company timeframes for tasks to meet department goals
- Participate and communicate effectively with team members.
- Ability to lift and move up to 55 pounds regularly
- Takes initiative and demonstrates strong problem solving ability
- Ability to work independently with support from the Shift Lead or Area Supervisor
- Actively engages in and supports departmental and company improvement opportunities
- Trouble shoot, Repair and install electrical for pumps, motors, motor controllers and assembly equipment with a high degree of quality and accuracy to ensure efficient production.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Performs equipment installation, start-up and maintenance.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years of industrial electrical experience.
- Ability to complete tasks independently with support as needed from Area Supervisor
- Ability to lift 55 lbs. regularly
- Willing to work overtime, if needed
- Ability to read and interpret work instructions
- Able to follow all safety requirements
- Able to perform confine space entry with appropriate safety personal protective equipment after successfully completing training.
- Able to work at heights with appropriate safety personal protective equipment after successfully completing training.
Supervisory Responsibility and Reporting
- This position has no supervisory responsibility
- This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor
While headquartered in the United States, Lubrizol is truly a global specialty chemical company. We have a major presence in five global regions and do business in more than 100 countries. Our corporate culture ensures that Lubrizol is one company throughout the world, but you will find each region is a unique place to work, live and play.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Rockford </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Maintenance, Technician, Electrical, Manufacturing, Technology, Engineering </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/520913700/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>