Lubrizol Product Management Specialist in Rockton, Illinois
Location: Rockton, Illinois, US, 61072
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company serving customers in more than 100 countries. We own and operate manufacturing facilities in 17 countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world. Through our global sales and manufacturing networks, we are able to deliver the products and services our customers need, where and when they need them.
At Lubrizol, our mission is straightforward: We improve lives as an essential partner in our customers’ success, delivering efficiency, reliability or wellness to their end users. Read the cover story in Smart Business Magazine to learn how Lubrizol plans to advance its growth.
Chemtool Incorporated in Rockton, Illinois is currently recruiting for a Product Management Specialist. This is an entry level professional position, reporting to the Director of Product Management, with responsibility for the tactical execution of key product management activities, with daily support from a Product Manager. This role requires commercial acumen, intellectual capability to turn complex technical information into viable commercial solutions, and courage to drive and retain value.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Support of assigned product line (s), including:
- daily price/volume decision making
- statistical data development
- Meeting annual profit plan targets (volume, revenue, margin)
- Defining and communication of pricing targets
- Building and leveraging relationships with other internal divisions and external groups
- Facilitating the completion of new customer packaging requirements
- Working with the Senior Product Manager to manage the overall product life cycle for each product
- Analyzing product line trends
- Other tasks as assigned
Key Performance Metrics:
- Aggregate margin
- Unit Margin Improvement
- Forecast Accuracy
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS:
- The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Business Administration, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or engineering related discipline.
- Knowledge of OEM’s, customers, competitors and the global market, as well as an understanding of commercial and marketing skills such as product positioning, strategic and value pricing
- Financial acumen and analytical capabilities
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage a large number of tasks or projects
- Capable of independent action; takes initiative
- Must earn the confidence of the sales organization
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- High level of proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
While headquartered in the United States, Lubrizol is truly a global specialty chemical company. We have a major presence in five global regions and do business in more than 100 countries. Our corporate culture ensures that Lubrizol is one company throughout the world, but you will find each region is a unique place to work, live and play.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Rockford </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Manager, Engineer, Product Manager, Marketing Manager, Chemical Engineer, Management, Engineering, Operations, Marketing </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/517650600/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>