Lubrizol Regulatory Affairs - Summer 2019 Internship in Rockton, Illinois
Location: Rockton, Illinois, US, 61072
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company serving customers in more than 100 countries. We own and operate manufacturing facilities in 17 countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world. Through our global sales and manufacturing networks, we are able to deliver the products and services our customers need, where and when they need them.
At Lubrizol, our mission is straightforward: We improve lives as an essential partner in our customers’ success, delivering efficiency, reliability or wellness to their end users. Read the cover story in Smart Business Magazine to learn how Lubrizol plans to advance its growth.
The Regulatory Affairs Summer Internship is a unique option for chemistry students that want to try-on the non-lab chemistry positions. Students with a passion for chemistry and business-topics do well in this role! Take this opportunity to stand out and be a leader!
A day in the life
- Assist in the chemistry evaluations of Chemtool products and raw materials to support our compliance management program.
- Assist in the review of toxicology data used in conducting health and environmental hazard assessments.
- Work with a regulatory specialist to review and accurately record data in our compliance management system.
- Maintain documents via department SharePoint site.
- Work with a regulatory specialist to implement products of acquired companies into compliance management systems.
- Generate Material Safety Data Sheets for experimental sample shipments
Who are we looking for?
- The desire and flexibility to commit to a 40-hour work week during the summer of 2019
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Engineering, Management Information Systems, Statistics, Toxicology, Math, Biology and Environmental Science from an accredited college or university
- Strong interest in and knowledge of organic chemistry a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel a plus
- Professional oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a team environment
Benefits of Chemtool’s Chemistry Internship Programs:
- Rewarding your hard work!
- Competitive pay: Interns are paid a competitive rate based on level of classwork completed toward degree, Chemists - $18 to $20/hour, Chemical Engineers - $24 to $26/hour
- Housing assistance is offered to students with a permanent residence that is 50 miles or more from their assigned work location(s)
- FUN! We host a variety of events and activities for our students.
- Grow professionally. All interns present their work at the end of each work session. This is an excellent opportunity to improve your public speaking skills and hear what other co-ops and interns are doing.
About Chemtool Incorporated:
Chemtool Incorporated is a Lubrizol Company owned by Berkshire Hathaway. We are one of the largest manufacturers and custom formulators of lubricants and specialty products with some of the largest grease reactors globally, providing an unparalleled capacity to fulfill customers’ needs.
Chemtool Incorporated is a leading manufacturer, technical innovator and supplier of specialty lubricants for oil marketers and OEMs throughout the world. Our people, systems and operations focus on driving out complexity in our customers supply chain, improving their products and growing their business.
Our customers’ challenges are our next products. The technologies and services we provide are solutions to problems that improve performance, extend service life, provide process improvements and reduce the overall cost of running your facility.
We are proud of our breakthrough technologies in the following product lines:
Metal Working Fluids
Other Specialty Products
The vision of Chemtool Incorporated is to become the preeminent specialty lubricants, grease and functional fluids solution provider to the global marketplace. Our mission is to leverage our world class manufacturing, customized packaging capabilities and industry leading technology to create sustainable value for our customers.
While headquartered in the United States, Lubrizol is truly a global specialty chemical company. We have a major presence in five global regions and do business in more than 100 countries. Our corporate culture ensures that Lubrizol is one company throughout the world, but you will find each region is a unique place to work, live and play.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Rockford </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Regulatory Affairs, Toxicology, Hydraulics, Chemical Research, Engineer, Legal, Engineering, Science </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/536069800/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>