Lubrizol KR_Sourcing Associate in Seoul, South Korea
Location: Seoul, Korea, KR, 06160
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsible to procure raw materials(RMs) and equipment, supplies and services(ES&S) as well as custom manufacturing(CM) at the optimal value (security of supply, cost of ownership, competitive advantage) for the company in alignment with Lubrizol business objectives. Represent the Lubrizol brand to our supply base in Korea. Evaluate and select vendors, manage PO fulfillment, identify alliance opportunities in alignment with operations and site management needs (Cost/HSE/Quality/Service levels/Regulations). Assist Custom manufacturing Manager in managing the tolling relationships with the various business functions and tolling sites. Buyer need to have a broad insight into upstream markets and use that knowledge to bring value and opportunities to the company.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the effective procurement of raw materials and equipment, Suppliers and services for Korea based needs; coordinates with other colleagues to develop the Lubrizol supplier base.
- Ensure that the company’s operational needs are met, considering price, quality, service, delivery, and to ensure continuity of supply.
- Build up development and execution of sourcing plans for assigned RMS portfolio including contract negotiations, managing supplier relations, database management, and market analysis for key raw materials.
- Communicate raw materials status and deliver the best value to company by information sharing and internal coordination with other functions
- Have a broad insight into relevant markets and use that knowledge to bring value and opportunities to the company.
- Coordinate and align with other Direct and Indirect Team members in determining the most cost-effective and reliable sourcing strategies to support and strengthen our current position in end-markets.
- Support custom manufacturing in liasing with various business groups and local tollers in CM matters such as process setup, documentation work, address issues etc.
- Maintain alignment with global and regional procurement projects, priorities, and deliverables.
- Adhere and promote compliance with company QHS&E policies, practices, and procedures
- Identify commodity areas to better manage and submit for bidding.
- Use RFIs (Request for Information) and RFQs (Request for Quotations) / RFPs (Request for Proposals) to identify best source of supply
- Work with requisitioners to ensure PO’s are clear and accurately reflect internal needs
- Maintain accurate vendor master data and other electronic forms as necessary to allow efficient order processing and payment.
- Identify and implement opportunities for cost savings; reductions, rebates, terms
- Build strong internal customer & external vendor relationships
- Respect and comply with all Lubrizol Corporate and Procurement policies and maintain the integrity of the Lubrizol Brand
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
- University degree or above in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Supply Chain Management or Business Administration
- Minimum 5 years' experience in procurement
- Chemical related experience is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to relate well with individuals at various levels, inside and outside of the organization
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
CONSIDERED A PLUS:
- SAP knowledge
- Training in strategy development
- Knowledge of sourcing/purchasing methods and negotiation skills
- Some experience in Indirect Material Purchase.
- Seek new and better approached to their work
- Strategic Thinking
- Deliver Results
- Communicate effectively
- Collaborate ( locally and globally)
- Develop Self
- Good command of English - spoken and written