Lubrizol Senior Application Development Engineer, Personal Care APAC in Shanghai, China
Location: Shanghai, China, CN, 000000
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
This role is responsible for the development of new application as well as providing technical support to key customers in the region, converting new business opportunities into technical approvals and to help identify opportunities leading new products/solutions via identification of realistic unmet needs.
- Explore the unmet needs or technical gap and work closely with regional marketing, technical and commercial team to develop regional innovation projects pipeline, lead in developing the new applications/technologies for APAC
- Work closely with global technical and marketing team to leverage global expertise, extend regional capabilities and lead to implement into regional projects.
- Proactively connect with technical team outside Asia to share with them what Asia needs, collaboratively to complete project especially initiated by Asia.
- Technical support and customer project development, mainly focus on bath and shower, cleaning system.
- Implement the new technology/solution or re-optimize to fit customers/market requirement.
- Manage the assigned projects by systematically design the experiments, qualifying in performing the tests, developing the trustable/accurate data, drawing the right conclusion, and reporting the results at a timely manner to support business growth.
- Develop in-depth application knowledge and share with internal and external customers.
- Strengthen the technical capabilities for team.
- Improve Lubrizol impact in industrial associations, universities, and market by presenting in key tradeshow, publishing papers, web-based promotion tool development or filing patents etc.
REQUIREMENTS (education, experience, competencies and specific job requirements):
- Master or above degree majoring in polymer, material science, chemistry, chemical engineering or related field with 5 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree with over 8 years of technical experiences in the same or similar areas.
- Rich experiences in personal care industry.
- Solid formulation development capability in surfactant-based applications.
- Good understanding of customer base, formulation habits, technical development status or trend of different countries in Asia Pacific or global will be a good plus.
- Strong project management capability.
- Fluent communication skills in English, both written and oral.
- Good problem-solving skills, ability to work independently.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at different positions.
- Strong desire to acquire new technical knowledge, strong intention to learn new things and perform
- Conversant with MS Office application software. Others will be a plus.
- Be versatile to adapt various cultures.
- Be adapt around 30% of time of travelling.