Lubrizol Trade and Transport Compliance Specialist in Singapore, Singapore
Location: Singapore, Singapore, SG, 609032
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
- This position is responsible to ensure compliance with trade regulations in South East Asia.
- This position also serves as regional transport compliance key contact responsible for regional implementation of dangerous goods regulations, transportation emergency response (TERP), labelling, package regulations, training and auditing for these activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Performs HTS classifications with global classification team and local Customs Authorities in alignment with LZ global classification process for raw materials, intermediates, finished goods and hard goods in SEA countries.
- Maintains HTS classifications database including supporting documentation, and coordinates customs audits.
- Providing customs required information/documentation to support customs clearance for both LZ and customers; supports customs valuation
- Timely releases SAP/GTS compliance blocked orders
- Determine packaging materials and assign packaging material codes
- Manages GTS Free Trade Agreement regulations and preference determination
- Creates and manages processes and procedures including HTS Classification, Free Trade Agreement, import and export activities, dangerous goods transportation, labelling and packaging to ensure all related activities in compliance with global and national regulations.
- Works with regional management team to recommend, appoint and maintain appropriate facility and logistics TERP coordinators
- Works with global TERP manager on regional practices for TERP calls and maintaining regional TERP coordinator contact information
- Ensures regional TERP incidents are entered in HESE tracking system
- Provides trade and transport compliance training.
- Monitors and updates trade and transport regulatory requirements
- Internal audits and self-health checks
- Projects support
REQUIREMENTS (education, experience, competencies and specific job requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree or above, preferably, in chemical, international trade, business management, logistics and supply chain management, etc.
- 5-10 years of experience in logistics, trade and transport compliance, supply chain management, product safety and compliance in multinational chemical companies
3) Knowledge, technical/professional skill:
- Solid knowledge of trade and transport regulations and best practice in chemical industry working environment
- Experience with trade compliance and transport compliance
- Experience with off-site emergency response
- Experience with SAP/GTS
- Strong capability of establishing and improving compliance processes & procedures
- Strong communicating skills
- Ability to interpret and apply multiple regulatory agency requirements
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects or activities
4) Language Skill:
- Good verbal and written English, Mandarin is plus