Lubrizol Senior Accountant, Australia in Sydney, Australia
Location: Sydney, Australia, AU, 2128
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
This role assists the Finance Manager in formulating and implementing the overall financial strategy for the operational units in support of the overall company’s business objectives. He/she needs to work with the shared service finance team to ensure the accounting in compliance with US GAAPs, Lubrizol policies and statutory requirements; and ensure the integrity of financial records, reports and processes in a timely & efficient manner. He/she will be responsible for one or two full set of the entity accounts.
- Manage the costing and inventory activities, including posting journal entries for standard costs review, GIT, variance capitalization / amortization and inventory valuations.
- Handle fixed assets, including accurate booking, proper management and annual physical sighting.
- Support & manage annual manufacturing & capital budgeting.
- Timely month-end close and submission of management reports.
- Prepare cost statement report and provide appropriate costing data for tendering.
- As a Finance partner for Operations team, manage cost and expense of operational units, driving productivity/efficiency improvement.
- Maintain monthly general ledger entries and accruals.
- Prepare monthly closing activities, ensure Trial Balance is well maintained and closed in a timely & efficient manner.
- Perform monthly reporting package & variance analysis, ensure Corporate Reporting package is submitted and question from consolidation team is answered in time.
- Prepare balance sheet and tax schedules with efficient supporting for each account.
- Perform annual statutory financial statements, monthly cash flow statements and quarterly cash forecasting.
- Liaise directly with external auditors and tax agent.
- Liaise directly with internal auditors, ensure compliance to internal processes
- Proactively participate cross-department and regional process improvement initiatives.
- Develop sound working relationship with internal and external stakeholders in supporting the business
- Other ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting & Finance or Business Administration.
- 5 years' relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Technical competence in costing and management.
- Strong team player with excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Computer knowledge in MS Office is essential.
- Sound knowledge of US GAAP.
- Exposure to ERP systems/SAP.
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- High integrity and strong ethical values