Lubrizol Manufacturing Engineer in Victor, Montana
Location: Victor, Montana, US, 59875
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Vesta, a Lubrizol Company, creates custom medical manufacturing devices through silicone fabrication from its ISO 13485 certified facilities. Our products consist of silicone tissue expanders, sheeting, patches, and other silicone medical devices. Vesta takes pride in the quality of our products and maintains quality staff on our team.
In the Victor, Montana location, we have several ISO 7 and ISO 8 certified clean rooms within our campus. Our controlled environment allow for multiple line operations to occur efficiently without compromising on quality.
Vesta is seeking a Medical Device Manufacturing Engineer with creativity, enthusiasm, and experience in manufacturing, silicone, and medical devices.
The Manufacturing Engineer is primarily responsible for development, validation, and support of manufacturing processes to meet customer requirements.
Essential Duties include:
- review customer specifications for feasibility, work with sales representatives and customers to refine requirements
- design manufacturing processes and associated tools and equipment
- write, review, and execute validation of equipment and processes
- support manufacturing with lean principles, continuous improvement, root cause analysis, design of experiments, and other problem-solving.
- work in project teams and/or lead small project teams
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical, Chemical, Mechanical, or Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering and 3+ years’ experience. Preferred experience in medical device industry and familiarity with quality and regulatory systems, and lean manufacturing.
Specific Skills required include:
- “Hands On” Problem Solving and Prototype Fabrication
- Good Manufacturing/Lab Practices
- Process Engineering/Statistical Process Control (e.g. Minitab, Six Sigma)
- Root Cause Analysis
- Project Management
- Solidworks Manufacturing Optimization
- Utilize good verbal and written communication skills to report project status to team members, customers and suppliers.
- Lift up to 50 pounds
SiMatrix is located in the heart of the Bitterroot Valley of Western Montana, within Ravalli County. Surrounded by the Bitterroot and Sapphire mountain ranges, the Valley provides scenic views and immediate access to the Anaconda-Pintler and Selway-Bitterroot wilderness areas. Our location allows for almost immediate access to the Clark Fork and Bitterroot Rivers, hiking, fishing, camping, rock climbing, hunting, snowmobiling, and skiing at Lost Trail Pass or Snowbowl Resorts. SiMatrix has two locations within the Bitterroot Valley. Our primary location is just south of Victor and the second site is located in Hamilton, Montana.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Montana </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Chemical Research, Lean Six Sigma, Fabrication, Industrial, Engineering, Management, Manufacturing </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/513357100/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>