Lubrizol Blend Test Service Department Manager(Labs Manager) in Wickliffe, Ohio
Location: Wickliffe, Ohio, US, 44092
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
At Lubrizol, our mission is straightforward: We improve lives as an essential partner in our customers’ success, delivering efficiency, reliability or wellness to their end users. Read the cover story in Smart Business Magazine to learn how Lubrizol plans to advance its growth.
The position of Department Manager, Wickliffe Blending and Testing Services (BTS) is an exciting and challenging opportunity to lead a team of 105 employees while managing an operating budget of $16 MM and ensuring safe, effective and efficient operation.
The strategic intent for Blend Test Services is to provide agile blending and testing services and solutions, at lowest cost which are relevant now and in the future. Accomplishing it in a way that builds trust and confidence for Lubrizol products with our customers.
The Department Manger is Expected to:
- Act as an ambassador of Lubrizol’s cultural beliefs, and diversity and inclusion, creating experiences which drive adoption of our beliefs to deliver results. Provide direction, ensure alignment and drive commitment.
- Champion Safety practices and processes at work and away from work
- Develop leaders and employees by coaching and empowering them to achieve their accountabilities.
- Develop and implement workforce strategy to achieve department’s strategic intent.
- Ensure use of LEAN principles and continuous improvement to drive efficiency. Build on a track record of innovation (Examples: Process changes and automation to achieve a savings of $1.3 M/year, Acoustic blending, Procurement practices, flexible workforce supported with organizational changes leading to reduction/elimination of overtime) to support Lubrizol’s growth objectives.
- Drive zero non-compliance and ensure quality.
- Drive collaboration across all the Testing division sites and be an active contributing member of Testing Leadership Team.
- Engage in industry advocacy and promote technical leadership
- Lead change management to ensure adoption.
- At a minimum, a bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Engineering or Business
- 5+ years of experience managing and leading people, and multiple skill sets in a lab environment
- Excellent communications skills to build trust across the organization
- Demonstrated ability to implement and influence safe laboratory practices and/or operational safety programs
Considered a Plus:
- Experience managing a lab within a chemical manufacturing company
Department: Blending and Testing Services, Wickliffe
Report To: Vice President, Testing
Relocation Offered: Yes
While headquartered in the United States, Lubrizol is truly a global specialty chemical company. We have a major presence in five global regions and do business in more than 100 countries. Our corporate culture ensures that Lubrizol is one company throughout the world, but you will find each region is a unique place to work, live and play.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland <br /><strong>Nearest Secondary Market: </strong>Akron </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Service Manager, Engineer, Chemical Research, Sales Consultant, Manager, Customer Service, Engineering, Sales, Management </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/566002300/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>