Lubrizol Commercial Accelerator Entrepreneur in Wickliffe, Ohio
Location: Wickliffe, Ohio, US, 44092
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company serving customers in more than 100 countries. We own and operate manufacturing facilities in 17 countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world. Through our global sales and manufacturing networks, we are able to deliver the products and services our customers need, where and when they need them.
At Lubrizol, our mission is straightforward: We improve lives as an essential partner in our customers’ success, delivering efficiency, reliability or wellness to their end users. Read the cover story in Smart Business Magazine to learn how Lubrizol plans to advance its growth.
The Commercialization Accelerator is a member of the New Business Development team with the responsibilities for the new business development commercial acceleration function, and specific responsibility to develop partnerships with business “start up” accelerators, incubators, and investment community stakeholders.
- An entrepreneurial driven individual who can scale the new business opportunities by developing and implementing processes for growth and efficiency within and across various end-uses.
- Able to leverage strong financial and business acumen that allows you to understand the changing trends of an industry or market.
- Partnering internally and externally, leadership,
- Able to think from the “outside in” and execute while managing multiple projects with deliver tight deadlines.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop plan to commercialize and scale services incubated by Lubrizol development or through partners.
- Proven in developing and executing strategies to scale investments. (move to the top or strike)
- Plan identify metrics (ROA, ROI, etc.) and direct schedules while leading the startup business from initiation through ‘handoff” to business line.
- Build financial projections based on industry trends and the competitive position of the organization.
- Partner with NBD colleagues in assessing the business and strategic fit of potential acquisitions, given the Company’s strategy.
- Provides guidance to departmental personnel and management regarding complex issues and assumptions related to the financial impact of potential business startups and/or integrations.
Job Qualifications & Prefered Experience
- Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in a field that demonstrates entrepreneurial, economics and complex reasoning skills.
- Five to Ten years of being involved in or run a startup of your own, worked for a Venture Capital firm, startup or started your own company.
- Work experience in a Corporate Environment is a plus.
While headquartered in the United States, Lubrizol is truly a global specialty chemical company. We have a major presence in five global regions and do business in more than 100 countries. Our corporate culture ensures that Lubrizol is one company throughout the world, but you will find each region is a unique place to work, live and play.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland <br /><strong>Nearest Secondary Market: </strong>Akron </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Business Development, Outside Sales, Venture Capital, Sales, Finance </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/520084100/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>