Lubrizol Finance and Accounting Intern in Wickliffe, Ohio
Location: Wickliffe, Ohio, US, 44092
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company serving customers in more than 100 countries. We own and operate manufacturing facilities in 17 countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world. Through our global sales and manufacturing networks, we are able to deliver the products and services our customers need, where and when they need them.
At Lubrizol, our mission is straightforward: We improve lives as an essential partner in our customers’ success, delivering efficiency, reliability or wellness to their end users. Read the cover story in Smart Business Magazine to learn how Lubrizol plans to advance its growth.
As Lubrizol continues to rapidly grow, we are looking for bright, enthusiastic college students who enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to join us as an Accounting & Finance Intern in Wickliffe, Ohio. During this internship you will have an opportunity to work on the monthly and quarterly closing process and special projects that focus on the areas of General, Property, and Cost Accounting and Business Unit finance.
What will you gain from this internship opportunity?
- Presentation, professional communication, and analytical skills.
- Training in Microsoft Office as well as SAP, and other valuable enterprise software.
- Overall understanding of company and departmental objectives.
- Opportunity to work with professionals across multiple departments.
A Day in the Life:
The student filling this position will handle a wide range of projects which may include:
- Performing US GAAP accounting research for new and evolving issues that impact Lubrizol
- Supporting Internal Control testing and remediation activities
- Working on projects related to integration of new business acquisitions
- Providing financial analysis support to a Lubrizol business unit
- Organizing and condensing the general ledger accounts and cost center groupings
- Assisting our Finance Business Process Owner in managing the allocation of Information System resources and project prioritization
- Working with the Property Accounting group in various fixed asset related projects as well as performing physical inventories
- Aiding in review of the global application of Cost Accounting policies
- Presenting to the Finance division leadership team results of the work performed during the internship
Who are we looking for?
- Students with the desire and flexibility to commit to a full calendar year (part-time in the Spring and Fall Semesters, full-time in the Summer Semesters):
- January 2019-December 2019
- May 2019 – May 2020
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance at an accredited university
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Team oriented approach to working with others
- Ability to take initiative when working independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Completion of Intermediate Accounting or Finance Courses is considered a plus
- Rising juniors are encouraged to apply for our January 2019 start and current sophomores are encouraged to apply for our May 2019 start
Benefits of Lubrizol’s Internship Programs:
- Rewarding your hard work!
- Competitive pay
- Holiday pay for holidays that fall within your work period
- FUN! We host a variety of events and activities for our students. Past events include a Cleveland Indians game, paid volunteering days, and even a picnic hosted by our CEO!
- Grow professionally. All interns present their work at the end of each work session. This is an excellent opportunity to improve your public speaking skills and hear what other co-ops and interns are doing.
While headquartered in the United States, Lubrizol is truly a global specialty chemical company. We have a major presence in five global regions and do business in more than 100 countries. Our corporate culture ensures that Lubrizol is one company throughout the world, but you will find each region is a unique place to work, live and play.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland <br /><strong>Nearest Secondary Market: </strong>Akron </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Accounting, Financial, Intern, ERP, Finance, Entry Level, Technology, Research </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/508625800/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>