Lubrizol Global Communications Director in Wickliffe, Ohio
Location: Wickliffe, Ohio, US, 44092
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company serving customers in more than 100 countries. We own and operate manufacturing facilities in 17 countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world. Through our global sales and manufacturing networks, we are able to deliver the products and services our customers need, where and when they need them.
At Lubrizol, our mission is straightforward: We improve lives as an essential partner in our customers’ success, delivering efficiency, reliability or wellness to their end users. Read the cover story in Smart Business Magazine to learn how Lubrizol plans to advance its growth.
The Global Director of Communications is accountable for clear, creative, and engaging communications to internal and external stakeholders. This position will lead a global team of professionals that enable clear communications that engage and inspire employees to drive results and provide a consistent voice to grow and enhance Lubrizol’s brand value.
- Delivers and communicates a comprehensive global communications strategy that supports strategic corporate objectives and appropriately informs internal and external stakeholders
- Partners with CEO, executive team, and regional leaders to proactively develop and deliver engaging communications to employees in all regions, cultures and languages
- Collaborates and relates with all employee and management levels to understand the pulse of the organization and identify communications needs
- Creates and manages a cohesive and consistent communications approach across multiple channels that supports strategic objectives and aligns with Lubrizol’s brand
- Leads global crisis communications and media relations strategies
- Balances sourcing options (internal and external) for the most efficient use of resources
- Further develops the organization’s communications capabilities by coaching others and leading by example
- Measures effectiveness regularly; proactively seeks feedback and leverages metrics, benchmarking as well as networking activities to improve communications
- Leads and develops a respected global team of communications professionals, empowering them to take accountability for goals and objectives to drive business results
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related
- 8+ years related experience including prior senior level communications roles and partnership with a CEO, global team management preferred
- Proven successful stakeholder management, leadership and networking skills
- Strong project management and organizational capabilities
- Recognized as an inspirational and effective communicator
- Experience handling major corporate affairs, crisis management, internal communications and media relations
- Demonstrated experience leveraging multiple communications channels and innovative approaches (i.e., websites, electronic / social media, mobile, broadcast media, written, video, etc.)
Interested in all the great benefits that Lubrizol has to offer?Click Here
Click on the below image to learn more about Lubrizol!
With multiple facilities in and around Cleveland, Ohio, Lubrizol is located in one of the largest economic regions in the United States. For the last seven years Lubrizol has been named one of the top workplaces in Northeast Ohio, and in 2016 was judged as the number one workplace by Northeast Ohio’s annual Top Workplaces survey. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, Northeast Ohio is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play. This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone - ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts, museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural, education and health institutions in the nation. From making your heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting event or biking or hiking through over the 100,000 acres of state parks, to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square - the second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland <br /><strong>Nearest Secondary Market: </strong>Akron </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Manager, Communications, Marketing Communications, Developer, Sales Consultant, Management, Marketing, Technology, Sales </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/547762000/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>