Lubrizol Global Communications Intern/Co-op in Wickliffe, Ohio
Location: Wickliffe, Ohio, US, 44092
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company serving customers in more than 100 countries. We own and operate manufacturing facilities in 17 countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world. Through our global sales and manufacturing networks, we are able to deliver the products and services our customers need, where and when they need them.
At Lubrizol, our mission is straightforward: We improve lives as an essential partner in our customers’ success, delivering efficiency, reliability or wellness to their end users. Read the cover story in Smart Business Magazine to learn how Lubrizol plans to advance its growth.
Corporate Communications Intern/Co-op
This position impacts results by planning, developing and executing messages for employees and external stakeholders which ensure awareness and understanding of Lubrizol’s mission, vision, strategies, performance and brand.
Assist the corporate communications team with various communications activities including writing services, proofreading, executing communications tactics, project management, communications research, leveraging corporate social media content, including guiding content owners on social media activities.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop content required for various internal and external communication projects.
- Examples of internal projects: Lubrizol News articles, video scripts, company emails, corporate biographies, etc.
- Examples of external projects: Corporate presentations, talking points, website content, social media content, etc.
- Provide editing capabilities for various communication materials.
- Responsible for project management including job initiation, working with internal and external resources, project timing, managing project budget, etc.
- Establish and monitor metrics for corporate campaigns, intranet website usage, etc.
- Evaluate new communication trends and best practices.
- Generate and post corporate content.
- Provide guidance to businesses on content posting methods.
- Undergraduate entering junior year and majoring in communications, public relations, mass media, marketing or a related field from four-year college or university in NE Ohio.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Office and SharePoint.
- Ability to work under pressure and under fluctuating deadlines.
- Ability to remain flexible and change tactics to match changing strategies and situations.
- Ability to easily and professionally interact with a variety of personnel at all levels within the organization.
While headquartered in the United States, Lubrizol is truly a global specialty chemical company. We have a major presence in five global regions and do business in more than 100 countries. Our corporate culture ensures that Lubrizol is one company throughout the world, but you will find each region is a unique place to work, live and play.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland <br /><strong>Nearest Secondary Market: </strong>Akron </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Communications, Intern, Marketing Communications, Developer, Corporate Communications, Marketing, Entry Level, Technology </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/510747500/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>