Lubrizol Innovation Process Manager in Wickliffe, Ohio
Location: Wickliffe, Ohio, US, 44092
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company serving customers in more than 100 countries. We own and operate manufacturing facilities in 17 countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world. Through our global sales and manufacturing networks, we are able to deliver the products and services our customers need, where and when they need them.
At Lubrizol, our mission is straightforward: We improve lives as an essential partner in our customers’ success, delivering efficiency, reliability or wellness to their end users. Read the cover story in Smart Business Magazine to learn how Lubrizol plans to advance its growth.
The Lubrizol Corporation
A Berkshire Hathaway company
Implement and lead innovation processes for the Corporate Innovation Team and build innovation process management capability at Lubrizol.
This position may work out of our Brecksville or Wickliffe offices, with time spent working in each location.
- Develop and lead forums for Innovation Exchange at Lubrizol, e.g. innovation challenge program, Innovation Symposia, University programs, LEARN Seminars, etc. This includes but is not limited to: identifying best practices through external research; streamline existing forums; propose high-level content; etc.
- Identify, adopt, and support innovation management systems (such as: dashboards to track key metrics, project tracking tools, Open Innovation management tools, etc ) for the Corporate Innovation team to support transformational innovation activities.
- Where applicable, support projects and initiatives to scale the best innovation tools and processes to other teams within Lubrizol. This includes but is not limited to: taking inventory of existing offerings; applying best practices and tools identified through external research; educating the business units of capabilities; documenting the offerings; and consulting with the business units to determine best usage depending on the situation.
- Manage and track key innovation metrics that measure the health and success of innovation activities at Lubrizol.
- Support and engage in other Innovation initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or business discipline
- Minimum of five years in a professional role demonstrating strategic and critical thinking and demonstrated results
- Strong project managements skills and demonstrated use of project management tools
- Ability to network and collaborate with multiple departments across the company
- High level of influence to bring together different approaches
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Competitive salary with performance based bonus plans
401K Match plus Age Weighted Defined Contribution Plan
Competitive medical, dental & vision offerings
Health Savings Account
With multiple facilities in and around Cleveland, Ohio, Lubrizol is located in one of the largest economic regions in the United States. For the last seven years Lubrizol has been named one of the top workplaces in Northeast Ohio, and in 2016 was judged as the number one workplace by Northeast Ohio’s annual Top Workplaces survey. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, Northeast Ohio is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play. This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone - ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts, museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural, education and health institutions in the nation. From making your heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting event or biking or hiking through over the 100,000 acres of state parks, to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square - the second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland <br /><strong>Nearest Secondary Market: </strong>Akron </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Consulting, Developer, Manager, Project Manager, Technology, Management, Research </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/565655300/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>