Lubrizol Marketing Communications Manager in Wickliffe, Ohio
Location: Wickliffe, Ohio, US, 44092
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company serving customers in more than 100 countries. We own and operate manufacturing facilities in 17 countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world. Through our global sales and manufacturing networks, we are able to deliver the products and services our customers need, where and when they need them.
At Lubrizol, our mission is straightforward: We improve lives as an essential partner in our customers’ success, delivering efficiency, reliability or wellness to their end users. Read the cover story in Smart Business Magazine to learn how Lubrizol plans to advance its growth.
The Marketing Communications Manager supports the Lubrizol Additives business by developing and executing communication plans that support strategic marketing and business initiatives.
This role acts as the central point of contact for internal and external marketing communications initiatives and drives projects from concept to completion. As such, they must be able to conceptualize and articulate creative and strategic recommendations in a highly consultative manner while ensuring superb communications and creative execution across a wide range of media channels. They must be able to work both regionally and globally as their internal clients and business partners are located throughout the Americas, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.
- Effectively apply marketing and communication concepts, practices, and procedures to support Lubrizol Additives’ business objectives
- Gain and grow knowledge of Lubrizol Additives businesses, the lubrication and fuel additives industry, oil and fuel additive markets, and relevant original equipment manufacturers
- Serve as a central point of contact for communications on all assigned projects and programs
- Develop and manage expectations and strong working relationships with the assigned internal customers and sales and marketing partners. Inspire trust and confidence
- Write and present clear, effective, logically structured communication plans that support Lubrizol Additives business goals on both a regional and global level
- Provide internal and external communications counsel, support, planning and execution
- Serve as media liaison for assigned projects
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant members of the media, pitch newsworthy stories, respond appropriately and quickly to media requests
- Identify new communications opportunities, how to maximize existing opportunities and determine appropriate channels for maximum results
- Direct, write and edit content, and assist on video content and podcasts, to support business goals, as well as market messaging programs and advocacy initiatives
- Influence and drive projects across functions and throughout all levels of the organization, and proactively provide clear updates of project progress
- Remain mindful of the overarching Lubrizol Additives brand and sub brands, and integrate messaging and adhere to brand guidelines when creating all communications plans and materials
- Ensure the timeliness and a high standard of quality of all communications deliverables (e.g. press releases, articles, graphics, messages, videos, etc.)
- Establish strong working relationships with colleagues and external vendors
What You Need to be Successful
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in marketing communications
- Demonstrated writing experience (Will be asked to provide writing portfolio for review)
- A clear understanding of how to build strategic marketing communication plans that support business/marketing objectives
- Recognized as an inspirational and effective communicator
- Experience writing project briefs and managing budgets, expenses, and timelines
- Ability to effectively manage a variety of projects and timelines simultaneously
- Proficient in the use of: digital asset management systems; SharePoint; Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel; press release / media release distribution systems; email distribution systems
While headquartered in the United States, Lubrizol is truly a global specialty chemical company. We have a major presence in five global regions and do business in more than 100 countries. Our corporate culture ensures that Lubrizol is one company throughout the world, but you will find each region is a unique place to work, live and play.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland <br /><strong>Nearest Secondary Market: </strong>Akron </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Communications, Marketing Communications, Developer, Sales Consultant, Marketing, Technology, Sales </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/559736000/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>