Lubrizol Mechanical Engineer - Automotive Testing in Wickliffe, Ohio
Location: Wickliffe, Ohio, US, 44092
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company serving customers in more than 100 countries. We own and operate manufacturing facilities in 17 countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world. Through our global sales and manufacturing networks, we are able to deliver the products and services our customers need, where and when they need them.
At Lubrizol, our mission is straightforward: We improve lives as an essential partner in our customers’ success, delivering efficiency, reliability or wellness to their end users. Read the cover story in Smart Business Magazine to learn how Lubrizol plans to advance its growth.
The Engine Oil Testing Engineer interacts closely with the Passenger Vehicle and Commercial Vehicle Engine Oil Business Unit to understand product approval and differentiation needs and ensure that Mechanical Testing activities and resources are appropriately deployed to support the needs of the business. This includes providing engineering support to the lab operating team, coordination of work from internal and external service groups, new test development, interpretation of test results and technical presentations to global OEM’s, partners, customers and internal colleagues.
Engineering Support and Project Management:
- Develop in-depth knowledge of gasoline and diesel engine oil test methods for lubricant product development and product differentiation.
- Interact with the engine oils technical and commercial teams to develop testing strategies which best support business growth objectives.
- Provide regular updates to business segments on technical and project achievements as well as hurdles and issues.
- Apply engineering skills and knowledge in the development of new tests and test procedures.
- Ensure that projects are aligned with business goals and there are agreed-upon milestones, dates, and accountability.
- Review project performance at milestones and ensure accountability to deliver agreed upon results.
- Apply financial knowledge and methods to evaluate testing opportunities and strategies to support the business while maximizing utilization of testing assets and return on capital investments.
- Leverage trends in customer industries/marketplaces to shape solutions and approaches for the customer.
Support Division and MT Department Goals:
- Track Division and MT Department goals and the group's progress against them.
- Support processes that ensure operating flexibility in response to customer demands.
- Interact with laboratory operations, data acquisition and control, and other resources.
- Effectively coordinate these resources to ensure optimum test performance (cost, quality and linkage to business objectives).
- Review project progress, issues, roadblocks and successes with the engineering manager on a Partner across technology groups [Passenger Car, Driveline, Industrial] striving for consistency in processes and Best Practice sharing when practical.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Mechanical engineering preferred.
- General knowledge of gasoline and diesel engine oil systems and the OEM’s that build these systems.
- Be able to conduct data analysis and provide conclusions and/or recommendations for improvement in the test area.
- Provide clear, concise and timely reports reviewing the pertinent details, status and results of all test activities.
- Effectively communicate (written and oral) with colleagues and internal/external customers.
- Respond resourcefully and constructively to new demands, priorities and obstacles.
- Able to present a compelling case for ideas and initiatives that advance the business strategy.
- Coach and mentor for Technical Facilitators and Lab Technicians.
- May require occasional domestic travel and infrequent international travel.
- Requires use of appropriate PPE, Personal Protective Equipment, to fulfill safety requirements.
CONSIDERED A PLUS:
- Previous experience in engine oil testing.
- Co-op or previous work experience in Mechanical Engineering field.
While headquartered in the United States, Lubrizol is truly a global specialty chemical company. We have a major presence in five global regions and do business in more than 100 countries. Our corporate culture ensures that Lubrizol is one company throughout the world, but you will find each region is a unique place to work, live and play.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland <br /><strong>Nearest Secondary Market: </strong>Akron </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Manufacturing Engineer, Chemical Research, Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Product Development, Engineering, Research </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/519614500/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>