Lubrizol Product Manager - Fuels in Wickliffe, Ohio
Location: Wickliffe, Ohio, US, 44092
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company serving customers in more than 100 countries. We own and operate manufacturing facilities in 17 countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world. Through our global sales and manufacturing networks, we are able to deliver the products and services our customers need, where and when they need them.
At Lubrizol, our mission is straightforward: We improve lives as an essential partner in our customers’ success, delivering efficiency, reliability or wellness to their end users. Read the cover story in Smart Business Magazine to learn how Lubrizol plans to advance its growth.
The Product Manager, Fuels Additives will provide strategic and operational direction and drive implementation for the growth and financial returns of the assigned Product line of the Fuel Additives business.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Develop, and implement both long term and short-term market strategies to ensure aggressive growth and success of the product line.
- Responsible for the overall profitability of the platform through product line management (including rationalization and new product introductions), pricing and profitability
- Conduct market research through direct customer and sales force contact in addition to the assimilation of market research data from external and internal sources to determine future product and/or market development opportunities for the product line.
- Develop competitive analysis to determine competitive strategies and formulate Lubrizol strategies/counter strategies which optimize the product line positioning.
- Maximize sales and income growth by implementing customer and market programs
- Direct marketing activities in support of business strategy; i.e., product pricing, promotions, customer presentations, conferences and trade shows, market research
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities to be able to enter new and growing markets/applications
- Support development of yearly operating plan and budgets for the business group
- Bachelor’s degree required Engineering, or Business degree or related field with MBA preferred.
- Minimum 1 years of sales, marketing or technical service experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in database development and management.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix organization and business team environment.
- Travel up to 30%
While headquartered in the United States, Lubrizol is truly a global specialty chemical company. We have a major presence in five global regions and do business in more than 100 countries. Our corporate culture ensures that Lubrizol is one company throughout the world, but you will find each region is a unique place to work, live and play.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland <br /><strong>Nearest Secondary Market: </strong>Akron </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Engineer, Business Development, Manager, Product Manager, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Management, Operations </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/518561900/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>