Lubrizol Product Safety & Compliance Specialist in Wickliffe, Ohio
Location: Wickliffe, Ohio, US, 44092
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company serving customers in more than 100 countries. We own and operate manufacturing facilities in 17 countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world. Through our global sales and manufacturing networks, we are able to deliver the products and services our customers need, where and when they need them.
At Lubrizol, our mission is straightforward: We improve lives as an essential partner in our customers’ success, delivering efficiency, reliability or wellness to their end users. Read the cover story in Smart Business Magazine to learn how Lubrizol plans to advance its growth.
We are seeking a Hazard Communication Specialist to join our Product Safety and Compliance Department. This is a highly cross-functional position with regular communications with and influence on all business commercial units, R&D, procurement, supply chain, operations, legal, and finance. This position will also complement the team in performing actions associated with the global product regulatory assessments of all Lubrizol commercial raw materials, intermediates and products as it relates to the authoring of SDSs and labels supporting the global hazard communication and compliance requirements of the Corporation.
What you will do:
- Conduct chemistry composition determinations and health hazard assessments of new raw materials, manufactured intermediates and products in the corporate SDS and label authoring system.
- Support transportation classification, PPE, and handling assessments of products, raw materials and experimental products.
- Complete raw material approvals and material equivalency determinations for all new and reformulated materials and vendors, globally, to ensure compliance. Work with procurement, master data, and manufacturing planning organizations to implement recommendations.
- Contribute directly in system enhancement and development projects to maintain compliance with ever changing global hazard communication regulations and related regulatory requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM related field from an accredited college or university
- 1+ years of professional experience preferably in a EHS related field
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and appropriately manage priorities
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills, and results driven
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Considered a plus
- 3+ years of experience in the chemical regulatory field
- Educational background or practical experience focused on synthetic organic or polymer chemistry
- Practical work experience in a lab or in a facility supporting the production of chemicals
- Knowledge and experience in REACh, global chemical control laws, and hazard communication
- Knowledge and experience using integrated software applications and/or industry SDS authoring system (SAP's EHS module)
- Practical experience in global hazard communication or transportation classification within the chemical industry related to SDSs and labeling
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel and Project Management tools
Lubrizol Benefits Click Here to Learn About all of Our Benefits! Competitive salary with performance based bonus plans 401K Match plus Age Weighted Defined Contribution Plan Competitive medical, dental & vision offerings Health Savings Account
While headquartered in the United States, Lubrizol is truly a global specialty chemical company. We have a major presence in five global regions and do business in more than 100 countries. Our corporate culture ensures that Lubrizol is one company throughout the world, but you will find each region is a unique place to work, live and play.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland <br /><strong>Nearest Secondary Market: </strong>Akron </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Chemical Research, Compliance, ERP, Materials Science, Chemical Engineer, Engineering, Legal, Science, Technology </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/536050300/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>