Lubrizol Research Chemist in Wickliffe, Ohio
Location: Wickliffe, Ohio, US, 44092
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company serving customers in more than 100 countries. We own and operate manufacturing facilities in 17 countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world. Through our global sales and manufacturing networks, we are able to deliver the products and services our customers need, where and when they need them.
At Lubrizol, our mission is straightforward: We improve lives as an essential partner in our customers’ success, delivering efficiency, reliability or wellness to their end users. Read the cover story in Smart Business Magazine to learn how Lubrizol plans to advance its growth.
Research Chemist – Formulation Science
The Lubrizol Corporation – Wickliffe, Ohio
Are you interested in challenging projects in a truly multidisciplinary workplace?
Do you enjoy working in a highly collaborative, team-oriented culture?
Then read on.
The Formulation Science group, within R&D, directly supports our Lubrizol Additives technology groups and business units by facilitating or leading efforts relating to solving chemical issues tied to formulated products, product differentiation, fundamental knowledge generation, blend science, competitive analysis and analytical method development. Work in these areas requires an exceptional level of collaboration between synthesis chemists, physical & analytical scientists, chemical and mechanical engineers, formulators, and marketers.
We’re always told that one of the best things about working at Lubrizol is the people who work here – could you be one of them?
- provides timely, impactful, high quality technical insights and fundamental knowledge to all Lubrizol businesses in the area of formulated products. provides timely, impactful, high quality technical insights and fundamental knowledge to all Lubrizol businesses in the area of formulated products.Develop structure-performance relationships
- Perform independent research in a multidisciplinary environment on complex issues
- Utilize advanced chemical knowledge, analytical data, modeling and statistical tools to solve technical challenges related to formulated products
- Document, interpret and communicate technical results to colleagues, sponsors and customers
- Participate in the recruitment, training, and mentoring of technical staff.
- Actively participate in Lubrizol safety programs, ensure compliance with safety procedures, and maintain good housekeeping.
- Please meet one of the three following education qualifications:
- Ph.D. in organic chemistry or analytical chemistry with relevant industrial experience
- Master’s degree in chemistry with a strong background in organic and/or analytical chemistry and at least 5+ years of relevant industrial experience
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry with at least 10+ years of relevant industrial experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a multidisciplinary environment
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Annual bonus
- Relocation available to eligible candidates
While headquartered in the United States, Lubrizol is truly a global specialty chemical company. We have a major presence in five global regions and do business in more than 100 countries. Our corporate culture ensures that Lubrizol is one company throughout the world, but you will find each region is a unique place to work, live and play.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland <br /><strong>Nearest Secondary Market: </strong>Akron </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Organic Chemistry, Chemist, Scientist, R&D, Science, Research </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/528948900/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>