Lubrizol Research Scientist in Wickliffe, Ohio
Location: Wickliffe, Ohio, US, 44092
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Lubrizol Additives is a pioneering global supplier of chemical additives technologies including additives for engine oils, driveline applications, gasoline and diesel fuel, other transportation related fluids and industrial lubricants. We are committed to providing value to our customers, and we understand that success comes from working together. The Lubrizol Additives team is passionate about what we do. Our customers count on us for trusted expertise, testing confidence, supply assurance and independent strength. We are looking for top talent to help inspire new ideas, create opportunities and enable the advancement of innovative technologies. We offer abundant opportunities for career growth in a challenging, collaborative environment. For the last seven years Lubrizol has been named one of the top workplaces in Northeast Ohio, and in 2016 was judged as the number one workplace by Northeast Ohio’s annual Top Workplaces survey. Learn more about how we are achieving Success Together.
Lubrizol Additives is currently seeking a Research Scientist to support our technical team within the Applied Research Department at our Wickliffe, OH location
Utilize your education in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science, or related discipline to solve complex problems within a team of Chemists, Technicians, and Senior Scientists in our physical science lab. The disciplines you will be involved with include colloidal science, rheology and thermal analysis. You will be responsible for conducting experiments and producing accurate reproducible tests/data. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with team members to support and execute ongoing projects, identify improvement areas for formulations, and utilize appropriate testing/instrumentation to analyze oil properties.
Elements for Success:
- Demonstrate Intellectual curiosity by asking questions that solve problems
- Ability to translate data results into a story
- Maintain accurate legal record of experimental results, provide written summaries, and offer interpretation of results
- Complete projects and assignments in a timely and accurate manner and summarize results
- Show a strong commitment to working autonomously while also demonstrating teamwork to your group and across the business
- Your robust analytical skills will be essential as you troubleshoot problems and conduct experiments
- Demonstrate the ability to support or lead and execute projects in a timely manner
- Your strong technical background will be key as you look for ways to explore different areas of research including new product development, product differentiation and fundamental knowledge of lubricant additives
- Ensure compliance with safety procedures and good housekeeping practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science or related field
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience within an industrial lab setting or equivalent co-op experience
- Experience with any of the following instrumentation or techniquesis preferred: viscometers, rheometers, particle size, zeta potential, surface tension, interfacial tension, thermogravimetric analysis, differential scanning calorimetry, optical microscopy, or contact angle.
What We Offer:
Lubrizol offers an environment for continuous learning and development within a large global organization. Working for Lubrizol provides you with the opportunity to be a part of an evolving industry providing you with diverse and rewarding work opportunities.
We offer competitive health and insurance plans, 401k company matching, age contributions, and tuition reimbursement. Among many benefits, Lubrizol offers their employees a great place to work. We have been rated as a North Coast 99 winner, top 10 workplaces in the greater Cleveland area, and are ranked as #6 on Forbes Magazine’s list of America’s best midsize employers.
Lubrizol provides you with a unique opportunity to grow your talents and build a dynamic career.
With multiple facilities in and around Cleveland, Ohio, Lubrizol is located in one of the largest economic regions in the United States. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, Northeast Ohio is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play. This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone - ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts, museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural, education and health institutions in the nation. From making your heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting event or biking or hiking through over the 100,000 acres of state parks, to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square - the second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland <br /><strong>Nearest Secondary Market: </strong>Akron </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Chemistry, Scientific, Chemical Research, Engineer, Chemical Engineer, Science, Engineering </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/533808600/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>