Lubrizol HSES Manager in Zhuhai, China
Location: Zhuhai, China, CN, 519015
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
The HSES Manager position was created to consolidate environmental, health, safety, security and emergency response functions into a single department to improve plant-wide coordination of HSES activities.
The HSES Department's primary roles are to:
- Ensure compliance with environmental, health, and safety regulations
- Strive for no injuries or adverse impact to employees the environment and the community
- Achieve continuous improvement in HSES related programs and culture
In performing these roles, it is expected that the HSES Department will strive to “enable the business” and will be an active and supportive partner in collaborating with internal and external parties to insure Zhuhai Plant and Lubrizol goals are met.
- Accountable for the HSES Strategic Plan Development and Compliance for Zhuhai Plant. This includes operating expense budget development, tracking and compliance. This includes capital project plan development, tracking and compliance. This includes development of the yearly HSES department plan – goals/objectives, milestones/timeline and responsible parties.
- Manage the HSES department to ensure that the overall HSES performance targets of the Zhuhai plant are met. Coordinating all HSES activities to ensure that each activity is supporting and contributing to the goals and objectives of the overall HSES function of Zhuhai plant, managing internal/external HSES resources to ensure that priorities are being addressed, and managing consultants to support HSES functions.
- Lead the Integrated Management System (IMS) Efforts for the Zhuhai Plant. Activities include but are not limited to developing and continuously improving plant-wide management systems for HSES compliance maintaining certification for an Integrated Management System that meets ISO, OSHA and Responsible Care standards, staying abreast of the “big picture” in the HSES area by anticipating, monitoring and planning for upcoming regulations and community needs. The HSES Manager serves as the Management Representative for the IMS initiative.
- Assist General Manager and Department Managers with development, implementation, and continuous improvement of management systems for compliance with all HSES related governmental, legal and statutory regulations. This includes but is not limited to providing a single point of contact for the General Manager and other staff managers to streamline communications and plant operations regarding HSES activities, insuring employee/contractor and visitor HSES training programs are in place, analyzing areas needing improvement, researching options, and presenting possible solutions, providing direction, guidance, assistance and support for integration of environmental, health, and safety requirements into their daily activities and serving as a member of ad hoc, audit, and plant improvement teams
- Lead and participate on plant-wide committees to help Zhuhai plant meet goals and objectives. These committees include the Leadership Meeting (participant), Leadership Safety Meeting (Lead Role), Joint Safety Committee (participant), Quality Meeting (quarterly – participant), Contractor Safety Meeting (weekly), etc.
- Lead and manage all HSES employees helps to maximize their performance. Activities include but are not limited to providing leadership to groups and individuals, maintaining an effective communication system, providing a work environment and job assignments to allow each individual to excel, provide training and development opportunities and allowing freedom to determine details of job execution plans.
- Lead and manage all related Contractors to perform such that their contribution is maximized. Activities include but are not limited to: insure Contractor Management procedures are in place and followed, insure regular HSES Meetings are held weekly with all Contract parties related to the Operating plant, insure performance reviews are conducted on a regular basis to review Contractor performance and areas for improvement. HSES will lead the following contractor relationships: Security, Fire Systems Inspection/Testing, Environmental/Safety Consultants. HSES Department shall also participate in HSES matters with Daily Maintenance and Construction Contractors.
- Represent Lubrizol in community HSES affairs (in Gaolan Port, Zhuhai City and Guangdong Province). This includes active participation to stay in contact with other plants, organizations, and government agencies to ensure Lubrizol is aware of issues that could have a potential impact on the chemical industry and facilities. HSES must also lead HSES related project permitting as well as be the key contact for FM Global activities and any relevant insurance claims.
- Interface with China, Regional and Corporate HSE&S. Activities include but are not limited to participating in corporate audits, leading regional improvement initiatives, and developing/reviewing Corporate Standards of Care.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education：Bachelor's degree, preferably engineering, safety, or industrial hygiene. Certification as a Safety Professional or Industrial Hygienist would be beneficial.
- Experience：10 or more years of progressively increasing responsibility in a chemical plant. Supervisory experience is a must. Broad exposure across various departments provides insight since these departments are the customers of the HSES group. Experience in an HSES area is extremely beneficial. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Knowledge, technical/professional skill:
- ing at height
- Emergency Response and Incident Management are a plus.
- , root cause analysis,
- Have experience in key areas: risk assessment,AZOP, MOC
- Project management knowledge
4. Language Skill:
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Mandarin